Tuesday, June 21, 2005

a savannah update

she is still having bloody diarrhea. I called the Dr this morning. He called me back and said nothing has grown yet. Well..........this afternoon, the hospital called and said the stool grew Shigella? It has to be treated with Cipro the dr said. I think I wrote one day last week or the week before about us starting the Y and they closed the pool because the pump caught fire and there was no chlorine. Well before they closed it we were swimming in it that same day and since then it still looks cloudy and they seem to be having problems with it. I am sad. We don't do anything all summer long and it seems every decision I make something bad happens with it. I tried to do something fun for the family, i thought swimming for us would all be good. Now i can't take savannah in there anymore. Since giving up the binky her hands are always in her mouth. :( So no more for her. Guess well have to swim at my moms :(((((((( I feel such guilt because its my fault, I took her swimming :( I thought i was doing something fun :( Shes eating like a horse but pooping blood. Its scary :( What i thought was mucous dr said was white blood cells :( she already has anemia so it will probably get worse. Anyway I am just sad so it looks like my summer will be spent sitting in front of the computer instead of doing fun stuff so she doesnt get sick. Shell be contagious for up to 2 weeks :( UGH Keep her in your prayers

3 comments:

Cindy said...

The anti-biotic will help, keep pumping her with fluids! Poor baby girl.

Melzie said...

Well I for one would at LEAST demand my money back Di :( Poor girl (you!). I am sorry you're having a rough time of it. ((hugs)) to you all.
*Jackie! Now I want maltomeal LOL
xoxo melzie

for_the_lonely said...

Your little Savannah is in my prayers! Big get well kisses to her! MUAH!

Sarah