Saturday, May 07, 2005

Happy Derby Day!!

I am rooting for Afleet Alex, so hopefully he'll win!! Okay busy day so not much to write, but have to write this.......... this is what gets me all teary eyed every Derby, right as they starting the Derby, everyone sings this...

My Old Kentucky Home


The sun shines bright on my old Kentucky home,
'Tis summer, the people are gay;
The corn top's ripe and the meadow's in the bloom,
While the birds make music all the day.



The young folks roll on the little cabin floor,
All merry, all happy and bright;
By'n by hard times comes a-knockin' at the door,
Then my old Kentucky home, good-night!


Weep no more, my lady!
Oh weep no more today.
We will sing one song for my old Kentucky home,
For my old Kentucky home, far away.

K have a great day!!

1 comment:

Cindy said...

I missed the Derby today. Sorry your horse didn't win. From what I've read it was quite an upset.
Have a great Mother's Day.