Saturday, April 17, 2010

Saturday =)

Hullooooo on Saturday!

Savannah had her 2nd soccer game and won! YAY!! 4 to 1 =D she did so good out there!! Her coach cracks me up. He's like the pee wee version of Bobby Knight. Last week we kept waiting for him to throw chairs. Savannah's a lil scared of him! Me too!! =P Very nice fellow, just a yeller =)

Went and worked out after her game and shoooooo, I'm a lil tired.

It's Thunder Over Louisville day and I have got asked to a bunch of different cook outs and parties and so on...... Chris invited me to go to the top of the park w/ him and his son to watch the fireworks. /shrug

So, not sure what the evening holds, I know the afternoon holds ribs!! Gotta be over there at 4, so I have 3 hours to exercise enough to eat the ribs!

Church tomorrow YAY!!!

My friend Melody sent me a email about being thankful for things. I read the article and got to thinking....wow, I'm really not. It's always wanting something better when in reality, I'm extremely blessed.

I have a house in which I am totally in love with. It's not big, it's not fancy, but it's mine. It's the first time outside the women's shelter I have ever lived alone. I am very blessed to have this house.

I complain about my eye sight, but at least I can see. I complain about my stomach always hurting, but at least I can eat. I don't have a lot of food and I have nothing anyone would consider a delicacy, but I have food. I don't have fancy clothes or expensive clothes, but I have clothes. I don't have a lot of shoes, but at least I have shoes. My kids can be trying sometimes, but at least I have healthy children full of compassion, empathy and love. My mattress is getting old and the seams are coming apart, but at least I have a bed. I could go on and on =)

I stepped outside my own box and looked around at people who have none of the above.

I should be down on my knees thanking God for what I do have, instead of wanting more.

I'm happy, I have joy, I have love.... I asked God for friends and he gave me soooooooo many it makes me want to cry tears of joy. I'm not lonely anymore. I don't NEED anyone but God, but he gave me friends to enjoy life with.

What a place to be. Going to take into account the *I wishes* and replace them with Thanks.

Blessed, lucky, happy and surrounded by loving family and friends.

Thank you God =)

Love you all =D

~me

No comments: