Saturday, October 06, 2007

Good freaking Grief

Every Saturday since August Savannah has been sick. Don't you know that at 1:30 am last night she woke up with a blood curdling scream and I instantly recognized it....... Ear pain. Gave her some motrin, she screamed and screamed til she fell asleep. Again at 3 am blood curdling scream. Gave her some tylenol and she cried back to sleep. Then she woke up again an hour ago screaming. She has a Dr appt at 10:10. As a parent there is nothing more frustrating than having your child scream in pain and there is absolutely nothing you can do to help it. I have held her basically all night. Rocked her, put a warm towel on my chest and have her lay on it. Nothing eases ear pain. I'm about in tears because I know it hurts her so bad and I can't help her. She just lays there and whimpers. I'm sad. The wait til the Dr appt is going to be long. :( Motrin and Tylenol aren't helping. I don't know what to do. Kyle and I already crossed nice paths already this morning. I can't deal with arguing today on top of the other stufff.
You know I pray alot for answers and I pray alot for help and nothing gets better, things just only get worse. How do you get answers out of things getting worse? Mel you are my spiritual guru........How do you get your answers on what to do?
I don't need to turn over a new leaf, I need to turn over a whole tree. Quickly.
I will update you guys on my baby girl, but I know it is an ear infection. She had so many as a baby, thats a scream one doesn't forget.
So Linney and Jay make a mental note that if baby Evangeline screams and you can't console her, it's probably her ears. I hope she never ever gets to the ear infection point. It's a long road.

Happy Saturday. Pray for my sweet lil angel.

** a lil update....... well we took her to the Dr and he looked in her ear and her right ear drum was very infected and bulging. I asked him for the pain drops and he said that the drops would cause it to rupture because it was so badly infected. So she screams most of the way home. Kyle and I are into a heated discussion that didn't lead anywhere nicely.........More screaming, more crying. We get home and she is literally screaming and kicking begging for us to make it stop. I was beyond frustrated. I had to get out of the house, took a nice long walk. Came home and she started really screaming again, worse. Then she said her ear felt wet and I am thinking her ear drum busted. That really is the worst pain I have ever seen her in. Never have I seen her be uncomfortable to that extent. Heartwrenching. I am so exhausted that I could just go to sleep here at the computer. I'm hoping that she is able to sleep. Being up all night is not an easy task.
Thanks for your prayers and for asking how she is.
Love
Dianna

2 comments:

the curl said...

Poor thing, I hope she gets better soon! Did they at least give her some good meds for pain? That's insane to let her suffer like that.

Poor little sweetie.

Take Care,

Curl

Melzie said...

Di I dont really have an answer to your question because I'd say its probably different for each person on how its determined what is the right thing to do. One surefire way to feel better about YOUR situation is to find someone worse off and be a witness to them thru service. IE homeless, shelters, etc, find someone to concentrate on besides self. Always take time out for YOU, and dig deep. God always answers. Sometimes He says yes, sometimes no, sometimes wait. Wait is the hardest one :) I heard about a Psalm this week that talks 3 times of God's deliverance. And in the Hebrew language there are 3 different types or meanings of "deliver". One means God will take you out of the situation. One means God will resolve the situation. And one means God will wrap His love and protection around you and walk through the situation with you. No matter what, He will ALWAYS deliver. Hope that helps :) love you chicky. xoxo melzie