Saturday, September 24, 2005

Pool Closing Day :o(

We went for the last swim of the year today :(
My mom is closing her pool tomorrow. It was kind of weird swimming at the end of September, but then again having 90 degree weather at the end of September itself is pretty odd.

I have been watching movies for 3 days now. I have 2 computers set up side by side and one has a DVD player in it and I have watched......... Fever pitch, the upside of anger, Grease, Grease 2, Princess Diaries, Princess Diaries 2, the wedding singer and Ya Ya sisterhood.

It has been so nice! I never get to watch any tv so it was a really nice break.

The little girl I babysat showed up on Tuesday, with the deal that she was going to be here until Monday evening.

Nothing more said. Her mom drops her off at 6 am tuesday. Okay....... has her clothes all packed n ready and she is gone.

Fast forward the next day someone named scott calls, said he is picking maddie up on Friday for an overnight visit with him. I was like Okayyyyy no one told me this. So I guess he calls her mom and she calls me and says, Scott is picking her up for an overnight on friday. I was a little pissed at this point, because you give someone instructions you don't mess up a schedule they already planned and not tell them. Okay he picks her up Friday. I say byeeeee and he says we'll be back later. I had a feeling come over me that she wouldn't be back.

Her mom calls later that evening says that Maddie is going to this persons house and then to this persons house and then over to a nother persons house but isn't coming back here til tuesday.

I am sooo Mad its not even funny. I put aside a whole freaking weekend get all my stuff done early to accomodate her, Plan on the extra money she planned on paying me and without any notice she totally screws me again.

I can't move soon enough. More so than i was mad, I was hurt that someone would do that to me. It just makes me very sad.

4 comments:

for_the_lonely said...

It makes me very sad too. I am upset that she does this to you. You are a good person..and I am sure that there are other mothers who would love to have you watch their children.

Hope that your weekend is going well.

Love you,
Sarah

maceydoo said...

I feel bad for Maddie too....being shuffled around here and there.
I think I would have to say no I can't watch her anymore.
One of my ultimate favorite movies is The Wedding Singer!
Was at a wedding last night and the bride and groom's first dance was to the song he sings to Drew on the plane! "I wanna grew old with you"
Lisa

Melzie said...

Sorry Di I know it sucks for the $$ but it also sucks for the emotional aspect too. (John whined for Alayna all the way to church today :( xoxo melzie

chase said...

i watched children for the logest a few years ago, and you probably should let her know that if she has you put time aside then she will have to pay you for that time...of course she will balk, but then she will probably be more specific about her scheduling. It sucks you put your weekend on hold.

Just saw a commercial for the upside of anger, looks pretty funny.