Wednesday, August 29, 2007

No school again** We have a good update

Well..........I knew it would happen. I had about 20 panic attacks yesterday because I knew already what today held. Juan came home yesterday. They wanted to keep him til Thursday, but he insisted he was ready for school etc. etc. This morning, he won't even try. We pleaded with him even for an hour. Nope. Will not go. I tried calling the counselor there, she was "too busy to talk to me right now" I tried calling the hospital. Nothing. Is there not any help available out there? His school is like the scum hole of the center of Louisville. No one is willing to help me. I can't get any help any where. I haven't a clue what to do. Juan told me this morning that the hospital was "Fun" and that he has "no fun" at his school. I am absolutely floored at those statements. Floored. So after the people call me back and if he has to go back to hospital, I am going to ask everyone that they please respect my wishes to only visit him once or twice a week. I think this is turning into a big game with him and I am fully prepared to play. I can't keep doing this. I have so many issues that I need to deal with. Some of them major and I can't because everything is focused on Juan. UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH Said with the biggest amount of frustration one could udder.
Hope everyone else on this earth has a Happy Wednesday because OF COURSE I won't be.
******* We have a good update!! okay, so all the drama this morning. I knew this would happen. I was up late last night. I have a good friend who suggested doing half days. I haven't a clue why I did not think of that, but I was like "That's a good idea." Fast forward til about 1 am. Juan is still upset, very nervous. I suggest this to him, he says it was a great idea and we both go to bed. This morning he didn't want any part of it. It was crazy here this morning. Throw Kyle and Savannah into this mix of craziness and it was hectic. Kyle gets alot more frustrated than I do with Juan. Albeit Thursday I had my frustration melt down. I know what he is going through first hand, so I can help more. Where as Kyle tries but does it not as nice as I do. Anxiety requires patience. So I step out back to make some phone calls and let myself cool off so I do not say things that I don't mean. Come back in. Kyle takes Savannah to the bus stop, I step inside make some progress with Juan. Kyle comes back home, I'm about at meltdown mode again. I tell Kyle just to go to work. I don't want to start arguing with him and get more frustarted. So Kyle is gone. I come in, get Juan to eat. Talk to him in a patient way. He says "I'm ready to go to school" Thud was me hitting floor. I said "huh" He said I'm ready to go for my half day. I asked him why the change. He said when Kyle and I get to arguing and Savannah gets to whining he can't think. When it's quiet he can think. So I get him in the car. He is very nervous at this point, I am just thrilled that HE IS IN FACT TRYING! We take it very slow, parking lot, then the front door. Low and behold we get called into Mrs Adams office. It just so happens that this Angel from heaven is a recovering agoraphobic. She had Juans EXACT problem. I swear she was an angel. I firmly believe that in life everything happens for a reason and today she was my reason. She sat him down, explained exactly how he was feeling. She asked him some concerns about him being there. He said he didn't have a locker, an agenda and a schedule. She turned around and in 4 minutes tops, she had his agenda, locker, schedule and science notebook. She took him on baby steps, told him even if he didn't stay his half day, walking in those doors was a huge first step. That is the first time in all of this that I have actually felt someone was helping. I just started crying because she clicked right with him. I started towards the door, they were locked arm and arm and she was leading him to class. HE'S THERE!!!!!!!!!!!! Mind you I have to go back and get him in a little bit. But it is a HUGE first step in many to come. So thank God for Mrs. Adams a true God send this morning. I woke up thinking there was no hope and didn't understand any of this. Johnny my brother (he's a lawyer for those of you who don't know) found a helpful lady with the military. They are going to locate his dad so we can get a medical stuff with the ins. taken care of. So 2 birds one stone today and I know all the prayers we have for us are moving mountains. So keep praying for us. They are much appreciated!!
And any more advice my friends have, the half days or what have you, please suggest. If i say something and you have an idea, please tell me. I didn't even think if that. My brain is running on empty from all the stress. It's more appreciated than you know!!
Maybe a twinge of a Happy Wednesday for me!!

5 comments:

Carie said...

I am so so happy for you and thankful you found someone who understands and cares enough to help Juan...we had almost idintical problems with my little cousin...we had to put him in an adult school where he had one on one time with a teacher 3 days a week...I hope things start to look up ofr you and Juan and I hope his dad steps up and helps real soon...I am always here for you

Melzie said...

Di I am so happy to read this :*) I am happy your bro is helping on that end too. My prayers are sitll with you guys but when everything is totally dark even a glimmer of light shines brightly :) xoxo melzie

MoonNStarMommy said...

Awwwwwwwww Di - I'm sooooooo happy to reat this!!! SO SO SO HAPPY!!! {{HUGE HUGS}}

SassyFemme said...

That woman sounds like a God-send!

Dr. Deb said...

Wow, that person sounds great. It can be soooo difficult when such things happen with little ones. I will be thinking of you in the next few days.