Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Hi at 11 PM on Wednesday Night!

A late post. I'm trying to go to sleep, but I'm not tired at all.
Owoooooooooooooo
I watched a few Love movies today. They are my favorite. One thing that I really have picked up on, in all my lil love movies, is the way the directors capture, that exact moment when someone realizes that they truly love another. This is what I love about those kind of movies.
Sense and Sensibility, Edward and Eleanor, their love story seemed rushed for me in the movie, but the one they captured so well was Colonel Brandon and Marianne. The moment when he walked in the room, when she was playing the piano. The look on his face. Priceless to me.
Tonight watching The Bridges of Madison County. When they first got to the Bridge and he hands her the flowers and she says they are poisonous, he drops them and they both go down to pick them up. They look up. The look.
Sigh. I love that look. But in real life, no one ever really gives that look. Or so I thought.
We sat down to watch American Inventor..........A fireman was on there and was almost crying, talking about how he loves his wife, how he hears her voice telling him he can do this or do that. The look on his face when he talked about his wife. You could see, he truly, truly loved her. Six children later and he loves her.
Of course I had tears in my eyes listening to him talk about his wife, While Kyle is behind me laughing at the guy. :(
Maybe some men just clearly cannot see, that all any woman in the world wants is to be loved. To have someone look at them, like that first time and then to look at them like that til life ends.
When the looks stop and when the looks turn to those that you really feel this person hates you. What happens then?
I think I am just a whiney sap who needs to go to bed and get in the real world.
Happy Wednesday night.

4 comments:

MoonNStarMommy said...

I never got that look.... and then I got it from two people in a year.... and ... it really makes your heart flip flop...

.... I wish you had that happiness, I really really wish you did :(

L. Eubanks said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
L. Eubanks said...

women want to know that they are loved.

men want to know that they are respected.

when lindsay shows me respect and tells me how much she respects me, it motivates me to show her i love her and tell her i love her.

that's how God wired us.

and change comes slowly. thank God for forgiveness and grace. cause i know i don't show lindsay love nearly often enough or pay attention to her enough.

lindsay and i talk about this issue often... thanks for reminding me of how important it is.

- jay

Carie said...

when I watch a love movie or a sappy one and I get teary eyed Ken laughs at me all the time...but when we watch animal planet cop shows and the animals look so bad and i get all sappy, I look over and hes crying to :o) guys can be such dorks