Tuesday, October 18, 2005

I Hate Anxiety

Someone get me a T-shirt.
I have been graciously given 2 tickets to see Rascal Flatts on Thursday
I want to go
But really think I can not go :( I can not be in a space with that many people.
I have never in my life been to a concert, so I don't know what to expect.
I love Rascal Flatts, I love love loveeeeeeeeeeeee Them.
Can I scream? Anyone make me that Tshirt yet? I'll let you know how it goes.

Yesterday, I wrote Savannah was sick, we get to the Dr, she has blisters on her throat, coughing, fever. So they give her antibiotics. She didn't get up the whole day yesterday. I say things like "I wish she would just sit still for a few hours" I get my wish and want the wish to go away, I want her back to the way she always is, Happy, dancing and full of life. She didn't have a fever all night without the Tylenol or Motrin, so I am hoping that the 2 doses of the antibiotic did it's job.

I told Maddies mom, She didn't say a word, went on to the next topic, kinda like "Is she serious, or just kidding" So I really don't know how it went. But I did tell her. I asked her when she would be back and she told me she'd call me last night, which she didn't do. Go figure on that one.

I guess after taking Juan to school, I am going to come home and pack some more. I am running out of stuff to pack, but guess i could pack some of vannies toys. Less stuff she can drag out and make a mess. She doesn't play back there anyway unless Maddie is here and I am sure her mom is going to screw me over again, even though I gave her plenty of notice to find a new sitter. She doesn't hold the same respect for me. Not many do. Oh well. Good luck to her finding someone who can babysit that much, for 15 hours a day then on weekends. Doubtful!

Okay, I gotta run and get my boy up to get ready for school after a 4 day weekend
Brou ha ha!!

6 comments:

Cindy said...

Go to the concert, you will be so happy that you did. There is nothing better than being present for a live performance. Go and have fun. You deserve it.

Melzie said...

Di when I saw Toby Keith I was pretty far off but I was in a lil alcove type thing right by the end and right by an exit. You should at least give it a try, after all frees free :) xoxo melzie

Carie said...

I went to a BB King concert, but it was in a stadium and so everyone had seats...then we went to Josh turner but it was outdoors at a park and we all got to bring blankets and chairs, so I have never been in a huge concert, you can give it a try and see how it works, if it doesn't you could leave...I love Rascal Flats...my nephew Bradeon is 5 and he sang broken road to us around the campfire when we went camping and it was the cutest, sweetest experience ever, to hear this soft little voice singing to the music...

Nancy said...

I have been to tons of concerts and it sounds like you will have really excellent seats. Seriously, there is nothing like being at a live performance front and center. If you can magage to get there before the crowd, perhaps that will help. It will be dark, and that is good. Only the stage will be lit up. Then just hang back til the crowd leaves before you leave. I know you would never forget the concert for one being Rascal Flatts and for another, your first concert!
Just think about it....

for_the_lonely said...

You know, I almost passed up a Garth Brooks concert because I was worried about freaking out. I ended up going. It was one of the best concerts that I have ever been to. Not only did Trisha Yearwood open up for him, but Steve Warner sang as well . This was at least 9 years ago though...I am sure that nowdays I would not go! So, I can relate! If you decide to go, I hope that you have a great time!!! I am glad to hear that Savannah is starting to feel a little bit better. Here's wishing that she gets well soon!

Love ya,
Sarah

Dr. Deb said...

Go!
If you feel a panic setting in, try these things:
1) Take a DEEP breath in slowly through your NOSE (not your mouth). You should feel the breath swell in your tummy not your chest. Hold it there a second or so. Then slowly let it out by pursing your lips. The slower you do it the better. Do this 3 or 4 times in a row. At the concert, no one will know you are doing it. It should leave you feeling very very relaxed. Most people do not really know how to do deep breathing. If you do it right, you can feel a physical relaxation.

2)Hold the hand of someone you know and say to yourself "I am safe." or "I am not afraid" or something that will empower you.

3) If you have to leave your seat, find an area in the concert venue that is quiet. Try to regroup and go back again.

I hope you go and find that not only did you have a great time, but that you were able to work your anxiety well.

PS: I used to have this shirt that had a picture of a map on the front. It said "The State of Anxiety" It had a capital and cities within it, all anxiety terms in it. I wore it to threads.

~Deb