Thursday, April 13, 2006

I need to be cleaning on Thursday

But, I don't wanna. I live with slobs and none of them make any effort to clean up anything. They know I will do it. Im tired of cleaning this place. If I don't clean 10 min of every hour it falls to pieces.

It's hot again today. 82. I usually run the air in February and even earlier. But I refuse to give L G and E any more of my money than I have to. It's going to have to be pretty dern hot before I turn my air on. I will suck it up. I couldn't believe Kyle actually had to turn the air on the other day. He's never caved first. Our gas bill is soooooooooooo high and since we don't have to use heat, why not just not give them any money. If I had a bike that could hold 6 kids, Id probably take it instead of driving.

Any one out there in Louisville with a concrete drill bit?? I want my flag pole hung and I could tell kyle about 20 times a day and it still won't get hung. So if anyone out there has a bit and can come hang my pole, I BEGGGGGGG YOU LOL :P just as long as you aren't psycho!! LOL

Okay, i gotta go and CLEANNNNNN In the heat LOL But Im not gonna turn that air on!!!

5 comments:

for_the_lonely said...

Oh cripes..I hate high bills! We are lucky enough to have it where our monthly bills are about the same every month. I dread the summer though, as we have to pay more for elec for the window AC unit...but without it, this place gets downright H-O-T!!!

I hope that it cools down a little for you!

Have a great evening!

Love,
Sarah

Gloria said...

I'm there with you girl. I haven't turned mine on either. I will tell you it's cooler downstairs here, and going upstairs is like walking into a furnace. Guess where I'm hanging out.

It's nice just to have the windows open.

Lois Lane said...

Why does "hang my pole" sound dirty to me? ;)
Okay, about these slobs... the school of Lois is now in session, take notes... if there are toys/clothes on the floor, say, "Pick up your stuff because if I have to, it's going in the trash."
Don't just say it, do it and mean it. Sure it's harder on you the first couple of times when you have to throw out a perfectly good toy that you paid good money for, but trust me, when they see you stick to your guns, it won't happen again.
Assign chores for everyone. None of them are too young to help clean the "family's home" call it that so they realize their responsibility to the house. Little ones are good at matching socks, feeding pets and setting and clearing the table at mealtimes. Older ones are good at yard work, putting laundry away and washing dishes. Don't grow mini slackers. When the old man sees everyone doing stuff and he isn't, guilt will eventually set in and you might catch him hanging that pole after all.
Follow these guidelines and you my friend will get a clean house, peace of mind and an A+.
Happy Easter!
Lois Lane

Lighthousegal said...

I know exactly what you mean....I feel like I clean CONSTANTLY. I am always folding clothes while watching tv. Commercials are spent putting clothes away or putting the load in the washer into the dryer.
Adam keeps his things picked up and put in their proper place(always has) Lindsey on the other hand does not. I am always having to tell her to pick her things up. She will pick them up and take them to her room, but just throws them into this bin that she has and soon the bin is running over. We are still working on that one. I try to avoid her room as much as possible....I can't stand it.
I keep hoping that as she gets older she will want to keep it clean.

Dr. Deb said...

Hope you had a nice Easter.