Monday, November 14, 2005

Wallpaper, it's not my friend

I do not like wallpaper anymore. It makes me crazy! I will have to post the pictures of this so you can get the idea of what we had to do. OMG, my fingers are throbbing, my arms hurt and I am tired! I have been going to bed so early it's not even funny. At the new house, I think I wrote in my earlier post about the dark green and yellow packers room. Okay, we looked at the paint and tested it and it would bubble if we put any paint over it. So no big deal just peel the latex off right..............Well, we pull the border off, theres border underneath, Okay no big deal, we take the paint off and get to the primer, juan said "theres reindeers under here" I think to myself that can't be right, no one would wall paper in reindeer! It wasn't reindeer it was cherries that he thought was rudolphs nose I suppose LOL, well we then had to strip off that wallpaper and then we get to a layer of primer and figure we are okay, then we discover bored at the top, then we take that off then another layer of wallpaper. We finally reached the wall!! YAHOO!! we took the baseboards off to paint the new ones and just put them up.

My dad replaced all the plugs and switches YAY, Savannahs room is about gutted LOL we are gonna get started and put new fans, new closets everything! Anthonys room had wallpaper and border, but just paint underneath. So we have to primer that room and paint it. He needs a new front side window for now and his closet and bedroom door need to be replaced. Juans room was the easiest by far. The border came off, the chair rail came down, new plugs put in. He needs a new window, new closet door and a new bedroom door. Then after Christmas HO HO HO we'll do the bathroom. It's so dark in there both with the lighting and the paint, and I am all about light and airy, so we'll do that, then move to the middle floor to get that done. We'll get it all accomplished! Today, I am staying home, home on the rangeeeeeeeeeeeee and cleaning this house :o)Packing some things too and buying a lil paint n stuffy stuff! Ill post pics of what we did :)

Have a great day everyone!

2 comments:

Carie said...

wow thats alot of work...I hate walpaper as well, when we moved in here our bathroom had Ivy wallpaper in it, we took it down and there was more ivy under that lol 4 layers of ivy...it was wierd lol

Dr. Deb said...

I am a non-liker of wallpaper. Though it look so pretty and doesn't need a lot of care, when you want it off...forget it. I have to call experts in. LOL.

~Deb