Friday, December 21, 2007

Barely awake on Friday

Yesterday went so good, then last night.....I go crawl in bed, Savannahs restless and cranky. I get up and she said she itches, turn on the light and ugh, Hives and swelling. I freaked of course, cause I have the tendancy to do that. Ran downstairs called pharmacist which in turn told me to call Dr. She's allergic to the Ominicef. That's frustrating on 2 counts. The first is that's a really good antibiotic and she's running out of options for meds treating her ear infections. The second is OMG it freaked me out.
We got zero sleep. Fell asleep about 3 a.m woke up at 4:30 with her tossing and turning in every direction itching and scratching. About 5:30 I finally drifted off for 3 hrs. This morning I feel like a zombie and I have a ton of stuff to do.
UGH, If you guys could've seen her rash and how swollen it was. I'm no good in emergencies on my own kids. Other peoples, I can handle. Not my own.
Keep her in your prayers because I don't know what they are going to do for her now.
:(
Love,
Di

2 comments:

Da Vinci said...

I'm sorry to hear that I hope doctors can find a reliable med for her.

www.davincisbloglog.com

Laura(southernxyl) said...

Hi - I just next-blogged over to you.

My daughter had nonstop ear infections, tubes twice, endless antibiotics until 3rd grade when a new ped. suggested taking her off dairy. The infections stopped like flipping a switch.

Now at 20 she has a bit of rheumatoid arthritis which started in her teens and thankfully appears to be diminishing. This is sometimes linked with lots of early antibiotic use. I really wish we'd changed doctors before we did.

Mind you, she wasn't thrilled about stopping dairy. "Baby cows don't get ear infections," she snapped. "First, how would you know; second, cow's milk is for cows not people; and third, baby cows don't drink milk after they're not babies anymore," I answered.