Wednesday, February 08, 2006

zsick

Sick

Shel Silverstein

"I cannot go to school today,"
Said little Peggy Ann McKay.
"I have the measles and the mumps,
A gash, a rash and purple bumps.
My mouth is wet, my throat is dry,
I'm going blind in my right eye.
My tonsils are as big as rocks,
'I've counted sixteen chicken pox
And there's one more-- that's seventeen,
And don't you think that my face looks green?
My leg is cut, my eyes are blue--
It might be instamatic flu.
I cough and sneeze and gasp and choke,
I'm sure that my left leg is broke--

My hip hurts when I move my chin,
My belly button's caving in,
My back is wreched, my ankle's sprained,
My 'pendix pains each time it rains.
My nose is cold, my toes are numb,
I have a sliver in my thumb.
My neck is stiff, my spine is weak,
I hardly whisper when I speak.
My tongue is filling up my mouth,
I think my hair is falling out.
My elbow's bent, my spine ain't straight,
My temperature is one-o-eight.
My brain is shrunk, I cannot hear,
There is a hole inside my ear.
I have a hangnail, and my heart is--what?
What's that? What's that you say?
You say that today is... Saturday?
G'bye, I'm going out to play!"


This seemed oh so appropriate for today but everyone is SICK Really :( Kyle has a mega sore throat and can't talk. Juan WAHHHHHHHHHHHH Juan got up last night vomiting. Anyone who knows me, knows I am terrified of stomach flus. I was laying in bed last night thinking to myself, we haven't had stomach flus since the Shigella of 05 LOL and Juan comes down and said I feel dizzy. I was like.............there it is. Then at midnight I hear "you're going to be mad" I was like why????? He said he didn't make it to the bathroom and it was all over the hall. Thankfull Kyle cleaned it up, even though he was sick. I just can't deal with stomach stuff. I feel like locking myself in the basement and not leaving. Thank God no babysitting today, just Maddie May who is usually a perfect angel. I dunno whether to disinfect or to run??????????? Okay keep us all in your prayers that we all get healed quickly, I still have a headache and i am positive its a sinus infection so i really need to go get some antibiotics!

Have a great Wednesday, i'll be hiding!

4 comments:

Dr. Deb said...

Yikes, the current ills appear to like you and your family. Hope everyone feels better SOON!

for_the_lonely said...

Oh sweetie...being sick is the pits, but it is even worse when you are sick and you have to take care of other sick people as well! :(

I hope that you all get to feeling better soon! Enjoy American Idol tonight! :)

Love you,
Sarah

Spider Girl said...

Get better soon! :)

I had my turn being sick two weeks ago but the memory is fresh in my mind.

Carie said...

I am still fighting the flu :o(

I hope Juan feels better soon, I hope all of you feel better soon and stay better :o)