Sunday, March 02, 2008

A trip to Cavehill

Haven't been to Cave Hill Cemetery for about a year. Well, driving around I spotted 2 new graves. I was mesmerized at how beautiful they are, but also had to walk away after taking a couple of pictures because they are so sad. The love those families felt and having children myself........ God. The first picture is of a girl named Samantha. Right in front of her monument they have a bench that is eye level with the girl on the swing. Her scarf draped around her neck. God love her heart is all I can say. Beautiful, beautiful momument, put together with such love.....
Photobucket
Photobucket
Her tiny precious feet.
Photobucket
Photobucket
The next monument was of a girl named Brittany. She was 17. She was killed in a car accident and was a missionary. Devoted to helping children. A picture of her was on her grave and you look up and to your right, a life sized replica of her. Absolutely beautiful and taking care of children. Totally heartbreaking.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
To collect myself, I walked over to a bench. It overlooked a grave....Sitting right next to the bench was the guys puppy dog. His ball in tow.........The dog would always watch over him. :(
Photobucket
A new found appreciation today for life......Totally overwhelmed by love....A good lesson learned today. Such beauty built on such pain..
Happy Sunday
Love,
Di

2 comments:

the curl said...

Di,

Next time you go to Cave Hill, I want to go, I've NEVER been!

Love ya,

Carol

SassyFemme said...

Beautiful, but so sad.