Monday, July 31, 2006

Mourning my mourning Dove

mourning_dove
I am so sad and so mad all in the same breath. We have yet ANOTHER psycho as a neighbor. I hate living here, I HATE IT. I hate the psycho boy next door. He sits and waits as my birds out front eat and then shoots and kills them :(
So far we have found 5 birds. This morning out front was one of my 2 mourning Doves. The 2 were always together :( he was shot right in his head right in front of the St. Francis feeder. They were used to me, they wouldn't run and using that trust, he killed the bird. :(
I hear the other one out front up in the tree, hooting or whatever it is they do. Over and over again. I am sooooooooooo sad :( so very very sad.
Kyle went over to talk to his parents and they didn't answer. We had to go register juan for school and came home and the bird was gone. The boys said he has an old wooden fence, that he kills animals on then nails them to this old fence and watches the maggots come and eat them and likes to torcher them after they are dead. I went in our yard and looked and plain as day is this fence with what appears to be a snake on it. Just like the boys said.
Future serial killer???????? Probably. They poisoned all but 1 chipmunk. Just one. I put St. Francis up. Looks like my joy of feeding the birds is now done. Another pscyho neighbor, this time, one with a gun. They have a full house of guns.
I won't allow the girls to go out back anymore alone. Stray freaking bbs and airgun pellets, not to mention, if hes torchering animals, the next step up would either be a bigger animal or a child. Im too scared of stuff like that. So in 3 years, again we will move. I don't want to live where I am not comfortable. Instead of doing the whole houses windows this year, I am going to do the front, take the money for the back and put up a privacy fence as high as i can. He gets in one of the trees in the yard and climbs up to kill the baby birds in nests, so he can still climb the tree to look into our yard, but the fence will at least keep us safe from his ground bbs.
What a psycho. What a cruel, cruel psycho boy.

3 comments:

Melzie said...

Mourning doves mate for life. That is horrible and sad, y ou should make a police report Di. Make one every single time. If nothing else it will be evidence later in his serial killer trial. ((hugs)) and love, Melzie

Carie said...

I to would report him...that is so horrible...we have like 7 pair of mating doves in our backyard, I could not imagine someone harming them...one of our owls was seriously injured not to long ago...we called the wild life people and they came and got it, and they captured the mate so they would not be seperated...

I am so sorry you have this freak family next to you :o(

The Curl said...

Can the Ky Humane Society do anything. Or like one of your friends said, the danger of the bb guns should be reported to the police. Thats insane. I know there were two doves in my bushes and they would sit side to side. I moved my chair so I wouldn't disturb them. Is there a block-watch or some committee that you could report him to, for the danger of the bb and your birds. Heck call your alderman. Poor bird.