Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Every Morning

At 6 am I am laying in bed and the same song comes on. "You can't over love your underwear" Same channel every morning. It gets stuck in my head and then I am stuck singing it all day long. Sigh.
Its almost 10 and I am beat. Savannah has had a rash behind her ear for about 4 weeks now. I have been self treating it with stuff I have had around here. Sunday we went to six flags and she was sooooooooooo cranky all day cranky. The next day she woke up and her ear was gross, puss was running out, it was crusty, she felt a lil feverish. I got her an appt for Tuesday at the Dr. She had a staph infection and a yeast infection.... Sooooooo Meds meds meds. Dr visits are so stinking high and co pays for meds are high. But the main thing is her ear is getting better. They put her on an oral of Omnicef, not real familiar with it, but, its potent. Then a mixture of creams added to the array of medicine. Zinc Oxide, Nystatin, and Hydrocortisone. I tell you what, that cream dried it up so quickly like nothing i have ever seen!!
For 2 weeks, I wake up, scrub her hair and her ear really good in the tub, French braid it very very tight so the hair stays off her ears and then put medicine on her ears. Repeat these same steps at night before she goes to bed. The whole process from start to finish takes about an hour and shes crying the whole time. Today it wasn't too bad cause it didn't hurt as much but Im worn out. Hopefully it will be gone super quick and no one else will get it.
Happy Wednesday all!

3 comments:

Twinkie said...

Poor baby! (Both of you!) Hang in there.

SassyFemme said...

Ditto to what Twinkie said (it's exactly what I had in mind to write when I clicked on comment, but saw hers).

Melzie said...

I hope its well fast fast fast and NEVER RETURNS :) xoxo melzie