Tuesday, May 02, 2006

People Smeople

I am becoming so intolerant of people it's not even funny.

I had just rejoined Cheapcycle, I was in Freecycle also. Well, My dad had a leather recliner that he gave me, but it would scratch my wooden floor. I decided to Freecycle it. I don't believe in selling stuff that was given to me. So I posted it and a guy emailed me and told me he needed something for his sons room, blah blah and BLAH! Well, I decided to choose him and he came and got it.
He was listing a sofa on Cheapcycle, So I decided to go check it out and see what kind of couch he was listing. Lo and Behold,he was selling the free recliner. That is totally breaking the rules of Freecycle. What a dishonest Jerk.

Nothing suprises me anymore about people. Alot of people ,not all, there are really, really good true and selfless people in this world. But ALOT Of people are like "What can you do for me and what can i get from you" They are takers. What can I take take take take and take from you. I see it all the time. Its a shame. It happens on Freecycle alot, they just want to be the ones to get everything. Everytime I list something, I get the same takers and I wonder if All along they were selling it.

Anywhoo, I have come to realize, Thanks to my Good friend Melody, that I don't have to like certain people, whether it be Freeycle or people in my life. I asked her biblically which is the way to handle things that happen with people. She told me about Jesus getting angry and how people in the bible just Cut people out of their life. So, without feeling Guilt, I am cutting people out of my life. Gonna start with Freecycle guy LOL, Live and learn on that one. Then bigger fish to fry.

Make my life alot more stress free!

5 comments:

Melzie said...

what a stinker he was! and yes its good to "kiss your hagar's goodbye"! :) you are a peach Dizie and I wana come visit! Lets start a help melzie get to KY fund ;) xoxo melzie

Twinkie said...

You're right about the "takers," but you're also right about the majority of people wanting to be honest, fair, and truthful. I try to focus on that, but sometimes I get so MAD at the NERVE of people.

I once saw a woman order a child's "All You Can Eat" Shrimp platter and she kept sweeping the shrimp into napkins and then into her purse. And you KNOW the server had to know that 4-year old wasn't eating plate after plate of shrimp. What a thing to teach your kids!

Dr. Deb said...

Sometimes people and their behavior leave me speechless (which is a HARD thing for me to be).

Hugs to you,
Deb

Carie said...

sometimes people can make you give up hope on them as a whole...but sometimes they shock you for the good, just gotta look for those times :o)

for_the_lonely said...

You know, Jenn and I did the same thing..we cut all of the drama and b.s. out of our lives. Seriously. We lost a lot of friends in the long run, but we have problems of our own, and do not need any more headaches. It is amazing how much negativity people like that can bring into your life, and it is not until you step away from the problem that you realize it! :) I hope that everything works out for you! What a jerk of that guy for selling your recliner..some people are just mean spirited...

Love ya,
Sarah