Thursday, January 20, 2011

Sweet, Sweet Jesus

When you have a mentally ill child some days you feel as if your whole life has been turned upside down.

You can be coasting along in life and on a dime everything changes.

Today was one of those days. For the past two weeks my life has been very chaotic, leaving me exhausted.

This morning everything escalated higher than it ever had before. I literally wanted to walk in my door fall prostrate on the floor and stay there. I could sink no lower nor could I feel or go any lower.

I went back to my bed to cry and something happened...

Not really sure how to write what happened but it was amazing. Let me find a good analogy....

You know how people leave scents on clothes? Like maybe your mom's closet smells like your mom's perfume or your husband takes off his shirt and if you picked it up to smell it, it would smell like him?

Today when I was on my bed, the tears falling with no end in sight...I got that feeling. An overwhelming feeling that Jesus was right there with me. Like I could smell Him and just this sensation that overtook me and He was there.

I can't explain it and I have never experienced anything like it. Ever. My heart became so full.......It's like all those broken pieces spilling out all over, Jesus was in thereh holding them all together and healing them.

My heart had the butterflies in it like when you are first in love.

It was if He didn't want me to doubt for a second He was there. I wish I could explain it better...

I know when I was married and my husband always used to come in and kiss me before he left for work. You could smell his aftershave, cologne.....whatever it was for a few minutes after he left.

Smell it enough to know he was there.

Same concept, cept He didn't leave.

I am so in love with Jesus.

He just makes everything alright.

I love Him.

~Di

No comments: