Monday, October 18, 2010

Psalm 23:1 The LORD is my shepherd

Psalm 23:1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want

Today a rest period after 3 straight weeks of being gone. I literally most days was only at my house to sleep. I haven't had much of a chance to spend with God at all. We had our little exchanges in the car and I haven't missed church...But, church and I have been disconnected the past couple of weeks.

Bible study has become my God time where not only do we study the word, my aunt and I share everything and it's all God centered. It's so nice to have someone to talk to about that. I cherish that time every week.

After a long nap to day I woke up, came to the computer and watched a broadcast my aunt had told me was very good on blessings, then I went back to my room to have some one on one God time.

I had missed those days!! We talked about all kinds of things and I always ask God questions to find out more about Him. Some days it will be what's your favorite color, or where is your favorite place to visit on earth. Today it was "What's your favorite thing in my house?" Immediately he answers "you." It instantly brought me to tears and was just the sweetest thing I have heard in forever! So, after I cry I ask God, "What is your favorite material thing in my house?" He tells me to get up and go to my curio cabinet.

I open it up and I say "The angel up there?" "Yes" He says. I look at it and really had never paid any attention to it. It is an angel my aunt gave to me when she was moving. I turn it over and it said on the bottom "The Lords Prayer" So I wound it up and just listened to it. I have pics below of it. The angel had sheep on it's lap and by it's side and I said to God..."Why sheep?."

Photobucket

He led (As shepherds do =D ) me to my answers as he always does. "You are my sheep" He says. He tells me to go and read what a Shepherd does...So I followed and read.

John 10:5 hits home with me really well.

John 10:5 But they will never follow a stranger, in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger's voice.

How true. I am learning so much about people, preachers,life and what is God and what is not God. I'm no expert on what God is, but I know quite a bit what He is not. Every day I am learning about His voice. His is sweet like no other and I do know it. The more time I spend with Him, the more I know the distinction.

The other thing that jumped out at me was Matthew 10:6
Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves.

I feel like I live in the wolf den! Me and my aunt were talking last night about things people do..Really,really mean spirited things. There is no understanding why people want to hurt one another. I told my aunt last night "I think there is a target on me that says use me." Men can spot my gentleness MILES and MILES away. Sometimes I go over and over in my head why they said a certain thing to me with only the intent to hurt me... Gonna start dating from the sheep pen not the wolf den!

Good thing the ultimate Shepherd laid down His life for me. That's what shepherds do. At night when all the shepherds are at the same spot and all their sheep mingle, in the morning they call out to the sheep and each one goes to the right master. The shepherd goes before the sheep. He encounters every wolf before they do and clears the path. I just look at all the enemies God has cleared out on my own path and think about how much worse it could've been. Thankfully...

The LORD is my shepherd,
I shall not want;
He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters;
He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
for His name's sake.

Even though I walk through the valley
of the shadow of death,
I fear no evil;
for you are with me;
Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
all the days of my life;
and I shall dwell in the house of the
Lord forever.

Psalm 23

That was my lesson on why Shepherds. I'm so glad to be His sheep!

=) I Love Him!

Love,

Me

2 comments:

Melzie said...

two things stick out at me. One first we have to know HIS voice to follow it, otherwise we just follow any which way the wind blows. Secondly, do you know shepherds do to sheep that continually wander off? They break their legs and carry them around with them EVERYWHERE so when they heal they are the ones that stick closer than any other sheep :) <3 you xoxo

the curl said...

Dianna, I cherish that time too! And most times after we talk and share and see what God has to say about it...it's just like a huge load is taken away. I want to hear His voice in everything...but I'm not
close most days...but I love this journey with you! And you write so beautifully! Love ya, Curl