Monday, March 26, 2007

Monday Blues

Today has been awful. Just plain awful. Opie tore his ACL or dislocated his kneecap. Either way, his leg is messed up. We cancelled his xray appt this morning cause he was doing so much better. Wouldn't you know it, the minute Arianna got here, he reinjured it.
Two dead baby pond fish this morning. The filter sucked them up.
I was coughing, something flew down my throat. It was my temporary crown.
Breaking point.
I got an appt at the dentist and these people who were so nice. Weren't nice today.
The dentist, I can tell she doesn't like me.
Today she had me bawling.
I was laying back in the chair and I see green flecks of stuff flying in front of my face. I just ask not being a chicken or hypo, just curious, what it was.
She goes on to say in an irritated tone "Dianna, it's dental stuff, let me do my job" Tears well up in my eyes, I've had enough. I was afraid to ask anything else or move at that point. Then she put this horrible stuff in my mouth, I couldnt breathe out my nose and it was making me gag and I hurriedly spit in that napkin she put around my neck. She gets this disgusted look on her face and says "Don't do that, its disgusting" Im freaking sorry, its either that or I puke on you.
Then she took my new crown and Jabbed so hard up in my tooth i felt sharp pains and saw stars. No wonder I have a fear of dentists.
I keep telling myself I did nothing wrong.
Today is wrong. All wrong.
I have cried all afternoon. Im tired.
Kick me Im officially down. Waving my white flag.
All free to kick. Line up.
When it rains it pours.
No truer words spoken.
Happy Monday

4 comments:

The Curl said...

Man o Man, I don't even know what to say. But, one thing, can you change dentists!! That's horrible.

Hope Tuesday gets better, its GOT to! Too much for one day, screwy dentist!!

take care,

love ya

curl

Lighthousegal said...

Sounds like you need a different dentist. No matter what the question or how many questions you have, your dentist should answer them without hesitation. It's YOUR mouth and you have a right to know what they are doing. Everyone handles things differently, it's not the dentist place to say what you can or can't feel or take. They can't feel what you feel.
I gag when they do the x-rays. I can't stand biting the cardboard. A couple of times on my last visit they had to stop and let me catch my breath or reposition the instruments because I was gaging or couldn't breath.
My dentist asks every so often during any procedure, "You doing okay?" or "Do I need to give you a moment?". They also explain what they are doing and what things are to me.
Yes you need a more tolerant dentist.

frannie said...

Oh HELL NO!! Time to fire the dentist! That's insane! Don't let her get to you! It's not your fault you did nothing wrong and that dentist should be reported.

Things will get better!! My prayers are with ya!

Ms. Junie said...

Please change dentists. She is NOT normal. I have never heard a dentist talk to a patient in that way. It's wrong. You weren't wrong--she was.