Tuesday, September 14, 2010

=)

A few know what has been going on, so I'll share with you guys too!!

To make a long story short, I have had trouble with anxiety and panic attacks over the years. Most of the anxiety stems from PTSD. I was physically abused by my ex-husband, it never went over to my children.

So.....I had gone to work one day and came home and my sons face was black and blue. While I was away at work, my (ex)husband had taken a telephone and beat the heck out of my then 5 year old son. From that point on I wasn't able to go into work without having severe anxiety attacks. I would feel like I couldn't breathe, I would get light headed, my knees would feel weak. I was always worried about my children being at home.

With Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, working for me was one of the triggers. Being away from the kids and the traumatic event that took place while I was away...well, I couldn't do it. Me being hit was one thing, but my kids totally different level.

So....I have the most wonderful therapist in the world!! He used to be a priest and worked at a Catholic Care facility here in Louisville. He left priesthood and became a therapist....Prayers led me to him!

He contacted the lady who runs the place and to do some cognitive therapy, I start voluteering there all week!! This has potential to turn into a long term job. I am so excited and so happy.

Funny, everyone thought my happiness was based on a new man in my life!! That couldn't be further from the truth!!

I went in today and did my paperwork and got a tour. You just ever walk in a place and know that's where you are supposed to be? My heart was overflowing with so much joy. The residents there were so sweet. I stopped and talked to a lady while Cindy was getting her a blanket and she kissed my hand and thanked me for talking to her. She told me she loved me.

So many people I met today. I have to wait a couple days til my background check comes back and then I can start =). Did I mention I'm excited? God is sooooooooo good!!

This is a HUGE, HUGE, HUGE deal for me. Please send me lots of prayers that I can do this without worrying about home. My kids are grown up. When Savannahs not with me, she's in excellent hands.

I want this so bad and this is such a huge step for me. I could cry I'm so happy.

I can't wait to keep you guys updated.

=D

Happy Tuesday!!

Love,

Dianna

No comments: