Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Peein like a MUG

_aw_polarbearsnowplay

Last night I was at the computer desk and I hear someone peeing so I thought, I holler out "dang you peeinn like a mug" okay, no answer, so it must be the pee is splashing so loudly they can't hear me. I still hear peeing and both kyle and savannah come into the room................ I get up and what do my wandering eyes appear, Not a miniature sleigh and eight tiny reindeer. Nooooooooooooooo...... the dishwasher was draining from the kitchen, down to the downstairs bathroom sink. Whoever put the sink in before we lived here didn't hook up the backflow so all the yucky water all over the bathroom floor. No pissing, just a bunch of gunky water. We had to let the dishwasher finish and every drain out it would come, even when i knew what it was it still sounded like peeing.

Fast forward draino, el no worko. Then Kyles dad came over, the pipes fell apart from all the draino people used before us. A trip to Lowes our favorite store, some new pipes. 24 hrs later sink is fixed. My clothes were on the floor, it got draino, grease and all other kinds of gunk on it. 2 of my shirts, my nightgown i had savannah in, savannahs new jeans, a pair of socks, my mickey shirt.... All gone, all in the trash :(

On a better note, i stripped off almost all the wallpaper in my kitchen. In the next month or so we are having ceramic tiles laid in the kitchen and in the sunroom, i will for sure show you before and after pics after its done of course LOL but it makes me feel alot better. We are painting the kitchen a very very soft yellow. Butter color :o) Yum Butter.

Have a nice Humpday!

3 comments:

Carie said...

man I am so sorry to hear about all of that...happned to us and we live in a new house, but the dishwasher wasn't hooked up right and flooded the kitchen...

I hope 2006 starts looking a whole lot better for you

for_the_lonely said...

Oh girlie....*sigh*..the "fun" never ends, huh??? I am so sorry to hear about your leak ( no pun intended). Glad it was all fixed though..and I am looking forward to the before and after pics! :)

Love ya,
Sarah

Dr. Deb said...

Yikes, that's a total nightmare!!!!!!!!!!


~Deb