Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Expecting Too Much

The title says it all. My therapist and I had a long discussion about how I expect too much from people in my life. They can't deliver therefore it sets me up to be disappointed.

I thought about this a lot over the past week, it was put to the test over the past few days and he is very correct.

I'm sad in some ways, relieved in others.

I didn't realize how much I expected of others, they simply cannot be something they aren't.

This isn't casting a negative light on any of them, it's just opening eyes on my part.

My view of things are sometimes so distorted.

People cannot be, what they are not.

I was sad last night and want so badly out of the messes I am in. I cry out a lot for God to just take me, but He won't. He's gonna make me go through this big jumbled up mess I am because He knows I can.

Wish it didn't take so long.

I'm tired, but I am learning quite a bit.

I expected too much.

Pressures off.

Love,

Me

1 comment:

Melziebelle said...

I do sort of agree but I sort of disagree too, we aren't wrong to expect common courtesy are we? And sometimes people treat their recyclables better than they treat people :( but I love you and better than that God loves you :D Glad you're blogging again.
xoxo melzie