Thursday, December 06, 2012

Fork in the Road

When you are standing at a crossroads in your life, how do you choose the direction your life takes?

Living in a world 30% of the time that isn't real, my escape.

My dreams are down one path, uncertainty down the other.

Adventure sometimes wants to choose the uncertainty and hang on by the seat of my pants.

Reality sets in and I sometimes want to take the other road where things are real.

Things are touchable, things are seen.

Some of my dreams have already gone down the toilet leaving me with a certain amount of resentment. I should put that anger on myself because I believed in empty promises.

Life seems as if it's a series of empty promises. Snow on Monday, Storms on Saturday.....Sunshine maybe on Tuesday. No certainty........Just a promise of snow that usually doesn't happen.

I wish I could hire someone out to direct my life. I'm supposed to let God be in control of that and all I come up with is confusion and God speaks to my heart and He says "If you are confused, child it's not My answer."

Maybe it's not His answer, maybe it's just the smallest part of hope in my heart that wants to believe.

Time passes, I still am, where I am. You know watching the Titanic, one line always sticks with me. Where the older Rose picks up the mirror that the men collected from the bottom of the ocean. She looks in it and says "This was mine. How extraordinary! And it looks the same as it did last time I saw it... The reflection's changed a bit."

That's how I feel. Every year I look in that mirror, the reflection changes, but nothing else does.

Ramblings that really mean nothing.

Jibbey Jobbey as my aunt calls it.

Jibbey, Jobbey.

Love,

Me

1 comment:

Melziebelle said...

Maybe sometimes we look at the big picture too much and we cannot understand it. Maybe you need to look at the smaller stuff more? I dunno girly :) I don't have any answers either!
xoxo melzie