Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Betty

Last year about this time, I blogged about Betty.

Over the year I got to know her very well. My work out buddy. I saw her the week I got sick. She told me she would pray for me and to just hold on.

The one thing that always stuck with me was when she said "As long as I'm working out, I'm fighting the cancer."

Cindy knew how close we had gotten and called me today with the news that Betty's body is shutting down and she will pass very soon.

I'm just sad.

Cancer is a four-letter word. It's a thief that robs people of their life and robs families of their loved ones.

She fought so hard, she was so strong.

Her husband came in to cancel her membership because "She won't be coming back" he says.

So final. I have to keep in mind that while on earth there are so many goodbyes, but in heaven, you never have to say goodbye again.

God will pull her out of this world and take her into His. She won't be in pain anymore, she won't have to fight anymore.

I will see her again and at our next meeting, there doesn't have to be a goodbye.

Love,

Me

No comments: