Tuesday, May 14, 2013

1 Corinthians 13:4-7

I claim that verse on my life. The thing I want more than anything in this world is Love. God is making sure I know what it is.

Every single part of that verse He deals with me on sometime or another.

4 Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5 It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6 Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7 It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Right now God is taking me through a couple more. The lucky 2 I get to deal with this season are self-seeking and easily angered.

I at one time wouldn't of pegged me for self-seeking, but I am being shown a lot of areas where I am very self-seeking. I watched JM about the very same thing and I watched the same episode a couple, few times.

I will go back and watch it a few more until I "get" it.

I love her "what about me?" segment she does and God has made sure that the right people are in my life to practice with. Oh boy did He ever!

I love how God keeps your eyes closed to things, until He wants you to deal with them, then it's like BLAM!

Oh and the easily angered..........Good grief.

Thank God for His never ending grace and forgiveness because my mouth alone would've been enough to get me nice and smited this month.

I am so grateful that I am forgiven. JM says that God already knows what comes out of your mouth before you said it. He knew what He was getting when He chose me.

He already knew =D

For that I am thankful.

I'm a work in progress and will be til the day I leave this earth.

The verses I have needed over the past couple of weeks and knew them without looking them up...I had to look the numbers up, but knew the verses =D (Go me!)

God disciplines those He loves Hebrews 12:6

You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye. Matthew 7:5

Don't repay evil for evil. Don't retaliate with insults when people insult you. Instead, pay them back with a blessing. That is what God has called you to do, and he will bless you for it. 1 Peter 3:9

These have been HARDDDDDDDDDDD For me, but I KNEW Them =)

I think I'm finally moving up from a baby Christian to a child =) LOL

Love,

Me

No comments: