Thursday, February 02, 2012

My puppy doggie is better!

My dog is like a whole new dog! I wonder if he was getting sick for some time now. I never paid much attention I guess, other than realizing he's not acting like himself!

He ate 2 full bowls of dog food last night! =D

Starting to feel a lot better emotionally.

An old friend wants to fly in from Chicago and take me to dinner on Valentine's Day, while I was flattered..... that wouldn't be fair to E, so I said no.

I'm not sure what's happening there. Seems like we never have stuff to talk about anymore. If I do talk, I say or do the wrong thing. So, I've taken the approach of really saying nothing at all to avoid a lecture or comments about how my thoughts are off base.

Reminds me a lot of the relationship I had w/ my stepmom. Sometimes I feel like I'm trying to fix that relationship through this one. It just doesn't work. He's sweet, he does really nice things for me...........but, if I can't talk or say my point of view or even be allowed to have feelings validated. What's the point?

I usually sit on the phone and let him do all the talking and just listen. Through that I have felt very distant and very lonely.

My therapist tells me week after week that it isn't working. My family and friends tell me it isn't working.

Maybe I see it, but I just don't want to believe it yet.

/shrug........I guess I don't have to worry about it today or tomorrow.

Today has enough worries of it's own.

The bible tells me so.

Love,

Me

No comments: