Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Dreams of rainbows

Last night I dreamed of a rainbow. I kept chasing it and trying to take pics of it. I remember how dark the sky was and how bright the rainbow was.

My aunt emailed me about Daniels sermon last week. I haven't been going to church lately and she told me to listen to it.

I laid in bed and put it on and listened. It was about Noah and how awful people were and how God wiped them all out.

Daniel said something that really hit home with me. Over and over again I always say to myself....."I'm not good like those people there. They do things right." Daniel said those exact words except in the context of "People think they do, but we are the worst ones. We all sin, we all fall short."

A lot of people call me, text me, email me to find out where I am. Why I've dropped off the face of the earth. God and I will work it out together. I have to have faith that His hand is on this, because if it wasn't I would be in a whole lot of trouble.

In my world with so much confusion, the one thing that I know for certain is how much I love Jesus.

I absolutely love him. What he did for us. Thanking God for His gift to this world, thanking God for His abundant grace at times when I act like this.

I can't find any Christmas spirit, I'm not sure what's going on, but it's gone. Maybe it's what Christmas has turned into. Maybe it's because it's all about money anymore and who gets what.

I'm going to go buy a Christmas tree and put it up and do it because I'm glad that Jesus was our gift to this fallen world.

Watching the news, seeing the way the world has fallen and remembering what a precious gift was given to us. Knowing that Jesus paid for my sin so I can leave this world and go home some day.

This isn't my home.

Thank you Jesus for what you did and thank you God for rainbows which tells me that it's going to be okay. The story of Noah, the story of the rainbow and the covenant that you keep your promise.

I love you papa!

Love,

Me

No comments: