Friday, November 17, 2006

Outsmarting a 4 year old and winning!

My daughter is a Diva, plain and simple. She changes clothes at least 6 times a day.
As I typed earlier I have been extremely sick for awhile now and this week pretty badly.
Today I got some energy and the hacking coughing fits are few and far between. So I decided to clean. Our whole futon couch in the laundry room was covered with clean laundry. 98% of that was Savannahs. Most she hadn't worn 5 min.
So I took 3 hrs, yes it took me 3 hrs. To put all the laundry away.
5 min later savannah was in a clean dress. An hour later, that one was in the dirty laundry another one on. Just now she came out back with yet another dress on.
I was sooooooooooo mad because I am so tired of trying to keep up the house. She has been told a million times to stay out of her clothes.
Well.............She told me she wouldn't and I said Okay. So I found an Old cloth belt and I tied both closet doors together. She can't get in it and the more she pulls the door the tighter the belt gets.
She stormed in her 4 size too big granny boots and smirked at me, you can't tie the dresser shut. I smirked right back "No but I can put your dresser in your closet and then tie it shut"
She went and locked herself in the bathroom
Mommy 1 Savannah 0
Finally!!!!!!!!!
Juan got a phone call home today, so his slumber party is cancelled. He can have his regular cake and Icecream party, but I have to stick to my word and cancell the sleep over.
He got a 2 day ISS for horseplay.
The lady was really smirky. He thinks it's funny she said. @@ Duh he was playing with his friend.
I hate having to stick to my word, but if I don't discipline will never work.
On a funny note
Savannah just laid her head on my lap and gave me her batty eyes "Mommy I'm really sorry" I said aw thanks you are so sweet.
She then says
"so that means you're untying my closet"
"Not a chance vannah"
Happy Weekend

6 comments:

L. Eubanks said...

Awesome! Kids so need parents to discipline them. You are a great example! I hope when I have kids you can teach me how to do some of those "mommy" tricks!

Love ya
Lindz

SassyFemme said...

OMG, ROFLMAO at your diva daughter! You know, it's too bad she's too young to help to the laundry!

Carie said...

that is so funny, I wish I had thought about tieing the doors of her closet closed with her dresser inside...hmmm I may still do it...

glad you are feeling better :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Diana~

I hope you and your family have a beautiful hoilday~

Have a lovely one~
Smiles and Peace

Deb

:)

Dr. Deb said...

Just dropping by to wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving!

for_the_lonely said...

LOL!! Savannah is a cutie! LOL!!! Go mom go for sticking to your guns, too! :)

Love ya, and hope that your Thanksgiving was great!

Love,
Sarah